Sunday, December 27, 2009

Oh Christmas?

First off we started all our fun on Christmas eve. We met at my moms house for a wonderful dinner. It was nice to sit down with all the family and just enjoy good food and conversation. We have a Danish tradition of singing Christmas carols around the tree as everybody holds hands and you walk/dance around. I used to hate this as a kid, but watching my kids enjoy it so much has actually changed my perspective a lot. I also find this to be far more meaningful without my dad. I miss him while we carry out this tradition, because he was so proud of his danish heritage. Then it came to opening presents. Dilan had been waiting all day for this event. He talked and talked about getting to open presents, and wondering what kind of surprises were in store for him. The boys got more than spoiled, Thanks everybody! I am always amazed with the loot we walk out with, and I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family. Bryson loved being able to play with, and hold his little cousin Melanie. She is a very patient one year old. Bryson and her brother Brandon passed her back and forth. It was super cute watching him play with her, and made me even more excited to see how he will be with his own sister. Then we packed up the car, got the boys changed into their pajamas, and headed home. Only Tyler feel asleep on the way home, because the others were still on cloud nine with all their new toys.
The next morning we woke up my mom and Bryson about quarter to eight. We started to head down the stairs and Trev met us at the bottom so excited that in fact Santa had come. We woke up Dilan, and watched the boys stare in amazement at the scene in front of them. They were a little overwhelmed at first, but eventually started to find out what each of them had in their piles. Bryson got a Handy Manny workshop. He said it wasn't for him, because Dilan had wanted it for his birthday, and it made him really sad. It was so funny. We told him that it was his, because he had wanted it too. Dilan found underwear, and looked at me so amazed....Santa bringed me underwear, I didn't know Santa bringed underwear? He was even more excited that the next pack was transformers like his bike and scooter. It was hilarious watching how dramatic he was with everything he found. We woke Tyler up a little later, and he really wasn't sure what was going on. He was most excited to find his Pez....Tyler loves Pez! Trevor was most excited to find his Heely's. He has no idea how to use them, but he sure does try. It is funny to watch him go flying down the hall, and thank goodness, so far hasn't sustained any injuries.
About nine I dropped my mom off at my sisters house, and we headed to Spencer's moms house for breakfast a little after that. We had a great morning with his family, and the boys got spoiled even more....Thanks everybody! Then we played a few games and just hung out till we needed to head home for Tyler to get a nap. Bryson and Tyler both fell asleep on the way home and ended up sleeping till after six. We got dinner ready for Spencer's dad, sister, and brother to come over that night. Spencer and I made a salad, dinner rolls, red potatoes, and ham. Spencer had gotten the ham from work, and it ended up being a sugar free ham...blah! So, I took brown sugar, nutmeg, and a pinch of cinnamon to make our own glaze. Amazingly enough it turned out okay. We had a nice relaxing night just hanging out with them, as grandpa read stories to Bryson, and the rest of us chilled. It was a really nice night. Overall, it was a really great Christmas. I am so grateful for such a wonderful family. I am grateful for the wonderful family that I married into. I am always grateful for my family, but this time of year I think about how truly blessed we are. I am so grateful for my four beautiful little boys, my wonderfully awesome amazing husband, and for the little girl growing inside me. I am grateful for all my friends and the differences and samesies we all share. I love my life and feel so incredibly blessed!
I wrote this post right after Christmas, and I couldn't find my camera. UGH!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading what people do for Christmas so thanks for posting this. :)

    ReplyDelete