Monday, December 21, 2009

First Moments...

Here are some of the first pictures of our sweet baby girl. We have decided to name her Kairi Inez Belt. Kairi is a name we have had picked out since I was pregnant with Dilan. Trevor was actually the one to come up with this name. It is from a video game he has loved since he was three, and Inez is after my Grandma. I have gotten a lot of reactions with this name, because it is really unique. Some like others not so much, but for us it fits. I had my main ultrasound today to make sure she was first and foremost a healthy baby, and second to double check nothing had grown, and she was still a girl. The tech couldn't believe how clear all her pictures were coming out. She was an ultrasound model, and she was so precious to watch. She was opening her mouth, pulling her feet up by her hands, stretching, and possibly sucking her thumb. It was so awesome to watch her. Spencer and Bryson felt her for the first time yesterday too. I did learn I have placenta previa though too. Placenta previa is a complication of pregnancy in which the placenta grows in the lowest part of the womb (uterus) and covers all or part of the opening to the cervix. My doctor is hoping that as my pregnancy progresses that it will move up farther into my uterus. If this does not happen, my delivery could be interesting as he put it. Not what any mom wants to hear, but I have decided to not freak out till another ultrasound is done in a few months to see if my placenta has moved, or is still covering my cervix.


4 comments:

  1. aw, she really is an ultrasound model! I love the good old ultrasound - it's truly amazing to watch. BIG bummer about the placenta previa. I bet it will move and everything will be A-Okay. And if it doesn't, although a bit stressful, it will still be good. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those of some of the best ultrasounds I have ever seen, you could totally loan your belly and fetus out for examples of what a good ultrasound should look like. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. Sounds like she will be ready for all of those pictures you will take of her. I had that same thing with Jonah, but it was fine by 32 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute! Those are incredible pictures.

    ReplyDelete