Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Dilan!!!


I can still fully remember the day Dilan was born. I went into the hospital at 11:30, which means I was starving! I was so excited to give birth to my second son, and also really nervous as to how our first little boy was going to like him. Dilan was born at 2:02 pm. He looked so small when he was born weighing in at 7 lbs 15 oz. The first two things I noticed about Dilan was a huge dimple on his right cheek, and his really dark black hair. I was having some issues with puking, so they gave me some medicine to calm it, which in turn knocked me out. I had people come and visit, but had no memory of them coming, yet there were pictures of me smiling with them...WEIRD!! Dilan was a chunky little baby who was always smiling and giggling. He was so much fun, and his really dark hair changed to platinum blonde. Dilan used to run with his arms to the side like he was some kind of speed walker. It was the cutest thing, and I am actually sad that he doesn't still have this cute trait, but I wouldn't want kids to make fun either. Dilan has always been one to just sit and play. He hasn't ever been a big TV kid, or need somebody to play with him. He is content to just find a toy and make a story to go with it. He can tell you the best stories, describe creatures he has made up, and even what he thinks some houses should have. He is a really great addition to our family and I am so grateful that this sweet, yet very determined little boy is mine!

We did a lot with Dilan for his birthday this year. We first took him to Chuck E Cheese for lunch. It was actually a blast, because one of the machines was off and kept giving tons of tickets. Then we had a friend party for him, 17 kids were invited, and 13 actually came. We had monster truck races, and the kids got to pick and keep their monster truck after. I was pleasantly surprised with how well this party turned out. We had to postpone his family party till after Thanksgiving, because half our family got sick, so his birthday really lasted a whole month. Thanks everybody for giving this little boy the best fifth birthday ever! He really deserved it :) I know this post is super late, but such is life!

3 comments:

  1. Gotta love Dilan. He's a great kid and a good friend to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little platinum blonde. Cutie. I love that you have written about all of your kids' birthdays. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a cutie. I remember thinking how cute he was when we first met and he was like 9 months. You are so brave to have that many kids over. I still wish we could have been there!

    ReplyDelete