Thursday, January 21, 2010

12 weeks....



So, I now have 12 weeks to go till the birth of this baby. I am super excited to see her, and I feel like time is definitely not on my side. April still seems so far away! So far this pregnancy has been a whole different story. I mean I have the typical pregnancy symptoms, but they are different ones than what I had with the boys...different is not always better. Insomnia has been one of my hardest symptoms. I am awake most of the night. I wake up every hour or so, and sometimes can get back to sleep within a half hour, but most times it takes me well over an hour or two. I have always gone back to sleep after Spencer leaves in the morning at 5:30, well not lately. I lay there till my alarm goes off. It is so frustrating! With the boys I always slept rather well till about the last six weeks to a month. I am tired most of the time, and I feel like it shows...YIKES! Weight, while being pregnant has never been too hard to regulate. Trevor I gained the most, but most of his was just water retention. I haven't had that with any of the other boys, and so far I haven't this time either. The other boys I gained only about 17 pounds each. I hadn't gained a pound with this one till 18 weeks, and now I can't find the weight switch to turn it off. It could be that all I want is dairy, or anything sweet. Cravings are super strong too. I ate chicken noodle soup at Chick-fil-A a week ago and I can't stop thinking about the stupid soup. I also have been loving chocolate milk, really cold water with lemon, totino's pizzas, anything chocolate,and most of all Starbucks frappucinos! Cravings are normal, but having obsessive cravings I don't really think are that normal. Constipation is still a very strong issue. It is horrible! I think I need not go into further explanation. My hip is another issue...I vacuumed the downstairs today and my hip hurt so bad after I could hardly walk. I have horrible hips, but they have never been this bad either. I am super excited to have my baby, and I wouldn't change the decision to have her in the least bit. I do wish I could pass on my fertility with somebody else after she is born though. As much as I am not happy with pregnancy symptoms, I do feel really blessed to be able to have a baby, and my heart seriously hurts for all those awesome women in this world who can't have kids of their own.

2 comments:

  1. Hey - was good to see you last night! Your preggo belly is looking cute. Sorry this pregnancy has been harder on you. I can definitely relate to much of it - except the cravings and the insomnia. However, remember my vivid descriptions of logs up my ace? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soemthing about these little girls and cravings. All I wanted when I was pregnant with Caitlyn was chocalate (and I didn't even like it before then). I hope you start getting sleep soon, that doesn't sound fun!

    ReplyDelete