Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Tyler!!!



My sweet little Tyler is now two, and well it is true about two, he isn't quite as sweet as he was. He now shows he is two in so many ways. He can go down stairs by himself, kick a ball forward, uses mini sentences, points out his body parts, can count some numbers, and throw a tantrum many two year olds are so proud of and can't stack up to. He definitely has his opinion on many things including his footwear of choice. I was buying him sandals the other day, and planned to by some little Keen's so he could wear them for whatever, but he threw the biggest fit when I put this shoe on. I tried the Teva brand with the same style and same thing. I was getting frustrated with how loud he was being, and I had just planned to find his size and leave. He spotted some regular Teva's so I tried those on, and his reply? Yup, that one. They are cute with little dinosaurs on them, so I bought these with his satisfaction. It is amazing to me that he is so opinionated already about his clothing. My little guy is growing up! We celebrated Tyler's birthday early this year on Easter Sunday with his big brother Trevor's. When his actual birthday came it seemed weird to celebrate it again, kind of already been there done that in my head. I felt so bad at this point. So, we took him out to breakfast between soccer games, then took him to the toy store to get his gifts. He got their free balloon and hat and was truly ecstatic about it. Then we went out for ice cream, he was in heaven! Then we headed to my sisters young women fund raiser. He carried his little free balloon every where, and he was happy all day. In the end I think he had a great birthday, and it was so low key we all had a great day. Even though he is now showing his two year old side, he is still my sweet little Tyler, and I couldn't be happier than to be his mommy :)

3 comments:

  1. Tyler is so cute! I love that story of him and the shoes. I'm glad he had a good birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your boys are throwing fits over shoes....you just wait for your little girl....ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a cutie! It is fun to see their personalities come out even though it makes it more difficult!

    ReplyDelete