Monday, May 24, 2010

Field Trip



So, I am a little late in writing this, but wanted to write it anyways. The boys had their last preschool field trip for the year to Kennecott Copper mine. This was one of my favorite field trips. It wasn't even anything really special, but because Spencer is working for Kennecott right now, it was fun to go see. We went up to the open mine which was far bigger and way cooler than I had expected. We went into the visitor center, watched a movie, and looked at many years worth of history. The movie was pretty cool, because it showed what they did at each location of Kennecott. I found this to be really cool, because Spencer had tried to explain this to me, and now I got to see exactly what he was saying. Dilan and Bryson loved when it would show the blasting and the big trucks. In the rest of the visitor center it showed models of each location, how they help the rejuvenate the environment, Olympic medals, different rocks, metals, trucks, and ways to use energy. Then we headed to the Copperton(?)city park. It was a fun park for kids, but I as a parent, found it to be a little dangerous. My sister Mandy had the day off so she actually came to the field trip with me, and took all the pictures. The boys and me both enjoyed having Mandy with us. She was a life saver at the mines and carried Kairi the whole time. She was fun at the park because she played with the boys while I sat with Kairi on the grass. Not sure if it was having Mandy with me, or if this really was that fun of a field trip, but between the two....it was my favorite!


2 comments:

  1. I love Copperton, and I love Copperton Park! Some of my favorite childhood memories are of the park! Of course, I have never gone as a parent, so maybe that would be a different experience! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marty loves Copperton Park too. It's a park he went to as a kid. We went about a year ago and I agree that there are some scary parts to it. Luckily, my kid is afraid of everything anyway so I didn't have to worry. :)

    ReplyDelete