Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy Easter!

I think holidays are so much more fun with young kids. I don't even remember having this much fun on holidays when I was a kid as I do watching my kids. Maybe holidays are really more fun for parents, because we get to see so much joy and laughter in our kids. Easter this year was busy for us. We woke up to another picture scavenger hunt set out for the boys by the "Easter Bunny." It is always fun to watch the boys run from location to location trying to find their baskets. I think they are actually some what disappointed when they do find them, because they love getting each clue. This year that bunny had them outside, and our house had a good couple inches of snow. I found it amazing that they didn't even seem to notice the snow, but just the hunt of that egg. After they all found their baskets we loaded up the car, and headed to my moms for breakfast. This year was more challenging, because we were celebrating Trevor's and Tyler's birthdays along with Easter. This Easter Sunday was also General Conference for our church. It was nice to eat breakfast and watch conference. We then ate lunch, did an Easter egg hunt, and eventually had cupcakes with ice cream cones. The boys got to open their presents, and it was just a really nice day with the family. We celebrated Easter night with Spencer's family as we celebrated birthdays too. We played a game called "Killer Bunnies" (go figure!) and then ate dinner together. It was a nice night with his family, and the boys got to open more presents. It was an exhausting day, but we had so much fun with both families, and it is really nice to have the birthdays done for both families.
There are a lot of religions that celebrate Easter for the resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is a time I look back on how lucky I am to have him in my life. I am grateful for my wonderful boys, my fantastic husband, and right now this little baby growing inside my belly. I am grateful for my heavenly father and all that I have been blessed with. Whether you have a specific religion, or you don't believe in religion at all, Easter can be a time for lots of fun with family and friends too.

No comments:

Post a Comment