Sunday, April 18, 2010

Trevor is 8!


I can't believe it has already been eight years since I gave birth to my first baby boy. I never really wrote on Trev's birth last year, so I am going to this year. Trevor was due April 19, 2002. I begged the doctor to induce me, because I was so big and swollen. I couldn't wear shoes anymore at all. I was even wearing slippers to work. They decided the induction would take place on April 11. I was so excited! Well, that day came and went with labor and pushing. It was decided that he would need to be born by c-section because his heartbeat was going up and down with each contraction. I was wheeled in to the operation room and at 12:34 heard his little cry. He was a big baby weighing in at 9 lbs 13.5 oz and he was 21 1/4 inches long. They rushed him right out, and I didn't get to see him again till 3:30. I will never forget the moment they placed him in my arms though. I was finally a mom! I had waited most of my life to be a mom, and now this "little" baby had made me one. Trevor has always been a very strong kid. He was crawling at six months, walking at nine, and running before he was one. It has been amazing and awesome to watch him grow into the older brother role he now plays so well. He loves people, and he can't stand to watch anybody get hurt. This year we celebrated his birthday quite a lot. We had family parties on Easter, had a friend party the Friday before his birthday, and then we took him to Chuck E Cheese on his birthday. I love my kids birthdays. I love making them feel super special for one day, or many days. I love my Trevor and I really love the person he is becoming. It is so fun to watch him grow and change, and I think this year is going to be a great one! Happy Birthday Trevor!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Trev! What a big boy! Can't wait for your next post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he's 8! Time has flown - and you have done so great with Trev - he's a wonderful kid :)

    ReplyDelete