Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Welcome Kairi!!!


Sugar and Spice and everything nice, well so far.....our little girl is precious! Last Wednesday April 14, 2010 we got to welcome little Kairi Inez Belt into our family. Surgery was scheduled at noon, so I had to get to the hospital at ten. It was a normal morning, besides the fact I was up at five folding laundry, doing dishes, setting out clothes, and getting ready to have a baby. We got to the hospital at ten being bombarded with a lot of paperwork, you would think we were buying a house. We were put into a room where a student put in my IV. I wasn't sure about having a student do it, because I think the IV is one of the worst parts of having a c-section, but she did good enough. We then learned that another doctor wanted us to wait to have my surgery because they might have to do a c-section on one of their patients. My doctor said no way, and I guess he won the duke out, because a couple minutes later I was walking into the operating room. I always start to shake at this point, not sure if it is nerves or because it is only like 60 degrees in there, but they wrap me in warm blankets....love that part :) Then the anesthesiologist does a spinal block on me by placing a really long needle into my spine and injecting some kind of potent medicine so I can't feel anything from the waist down. Before I knew it they were talking about seeing her hair, and then I heard the sweetest little sound, and out came my "little" baby girl. Tears streamed down my face as they held her little body over the shield for me to see. Kairi was weighed at 9 lbs and 4.5 oz and 20 inches long. She was just beautiful, and a amazing surprise to see all that hair. She was high on the apgar scores, and she was handed to Spencer and the baby doctors left. We haven't ever had our baby just handed to us and have them walk away. They finished sealing me up, using some super super glue this time. They wheeled me out with my baby in hand. I then feed her for the first time as they kept taking vitals and making sure I was ok. Of course I was until the puking began. I always puke after but this time I puked for the next 18 hours. Turns out I had a fuse in my intestines that wasn't letting anything past. My doctor was off that next morning, but made a trip in to see me. He got me on some really good drugs and before I knew it, I was actually hungry. I LOVE MY DOCTOR! They got me out of bed and took out that nasty catheter, and I didn't have any other issues :) I was released from the hospital the next morning....less than 48 hours from when surgery began. It has been so nice to be home again. Kairi is a sweet tempered little girl. She sleeps really well when you can get her to sleep. I am amazed how mellow she has been. I love just looking at her little face, playing with her thick head of hair, and smelling that newborn baby smell. With each kid I always wonder if I have enough love for another one, and if I can be a good enough mom. Well, I know for sure I have enough love, because this little girl already has me won over. I love all my kids so much, and I just count my blessings to have each of them. It has been fun watching the boys with their new sister. Trevor loves to tell her that he is her big brother, Dilan loves to see her eyes (getting right in her face), Bryson is the most mommy like to her making sure her needs are being met, and Tyler loves to just say baby, wow! I think it is really cute watching Spencer with her. She will definitely be a daddy's girl, and I love it! Too bad he can't do the breast feeding though :)Kairi will be the end of kids for us, and I can't think of a better way to end than this beautiful little girl that will call me mom.






5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing her birth story, Holli! Very cute. SOrry you had to go through all that puking, though. I am glad you posted the photo of her fresh from the belly, I always wondered what they look like after a c-section (no war marks trying to make their way out...but lots of the white stuff, can't remember what it's called!) Cute photos of all the boys holding her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so beautiful. I am blown away and amazed by all her dark hair. I am glad the whole process went pretty smoothly for you, well, except for the puking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She did have a lot of that white stuff. I'm glad you decided to post the picture. Eliza had a lot, but I don't think she had that much. :) Congrats again! Kairi is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just so cute! Thanks for letting me come hold her, she is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOlli!! she is beautiful! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete