Thursday, June 25, 2009

AHHH Gall Free!

Well, you all know I had surgery, but why not tell about it anyways. So, I had to go in a couple days before surgery and have blood drawn for testing. The only time I could do this was in the day, so I had to take three little ones with me. Funny because I don't mind getting blood taken, but having three kids stare at you, really puts on a whole new feeling. Bryson was very concerned. He kept asking the nurse if she was hurting me, and why was she hurting me? It was actually really sweet, and when she was done I got a big pink band aid, which Bryson was also very worried about for some reason.
Day of my surgery was interesting. We got up really early, and I took a shower. We had to be at the hospital by 6:30. They got money from us and took me right back. I had to change into a hospital gown. I was also on my time of the month, I was so lucky!, so I also had to change into hospital panties. They started my IV and took me back. I hadn't even been there an hour, so I was glad I was one of the first. Then the anesthesiologist started asking me where we lived. I think they are sneaky jerks. I think they totally get a kick out of asking you questions and watching you answer them as you can not ever finish.. UGH! Next thing I remember is waking up and being a little confused to where I was and why my mouth tasted like burned rubber. Then they wheeled a little kid in next to me that had just had his tonsils out and the poor thing was kind of freaking out. They ended up giving him a little more sedation, but wheeled me out by Spencer in recovery. I told the nurse I had a headache, so she gave me IV ibuprofen. It was the best stuff ever, like instant head relief. I told the nurse I had to pee, and she was so excited. I didn't understand that was a good thing yet, but I got up went to the bathroom. I drank a little more juice and said I was good to go. It was so nice leaving so quick. I got home feeling good still, but I still had all their drugs in. I eventually started feeling way nauseous and eventually puked. I went back to sleep and slept most of the day. AHHHH! Sleep. I slept the whole night and till like nine the next morning. It was so nice. Spencer had the boys, and I slept most of that day too. I think Saturday was when I finally started to actually live again. It wasn't a bad surgery, and I think I was pretty lucky, because I only had the gas pain in my shoulders a little bit on the first day but not much at all......So far, gall free is a great thing!


This is the actual picture of my gallbladder. Your gallbladder is supposed to be a blueish green, but as you can see, mine is pure white. It was really infected and swollen. The stuff in front of it is a fatty tissue my body built around it to keep it seperated from the rest of my organs. My body is so smart! ha ha Pretty gross, but just glad it is gone!

5 comments:

  1. So glad it went well! And thanks for posting a picture. I'm very interested by things like that! Glad gall free is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous! I got no pictures of my gall bladder, and wanted to see it so bad. Also jealous that you were able to go to the bathroom so quickly! That prolonged my stay by over an hour....grrrrr! I am sorry you got sick. We should get together and compare scars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you wrote about it! After reading yours and Jessi's accounts of the surgery, but especially of the pain that preceded it, I wish I could just get mine out before I have an attack. My mom, all of her sisters, and her mom all had attacks and had to have theirs out. I think it's inevitable. I am glad you are feeling better now and it was great to see you yesterday. I hope the weather cooperates for Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, that picture is nasty. I'm glad it went so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're glad everything went well and you're feeling better! We miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete