Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wonderful White Weekend!!!



This past weekend was one of the best weekends of my entire life. The weekend started off to a great start with Spencer being able to baptize Trevor. This was a huge decision for Trev. I have gone over baptism with him for the last two years, because I really wanted him to make his own decision with out the influence of anybody else. I didn't want him to do it because all the other kids his age at church were, because we wanted him to, or because he felt pressure to do it from teachers. I really wanted him to make his own decision. I told him I didn't care if he ever did, and I didn't. To me this is a really big decision, and I really wanted him to remember making it himself. For a long time he told me he wanted to wait till he was ten. I am not sure why ten, but I never cared. When his birthday got closer he told me he decided he wanted to do it this year. I told him to really think about this decision, because it was the first big one of his life. Well, Saturday morning we went to a wonderful service and watched my oldest little man get baptized. I was so proud of him for making this decision, because I have been truly blessed by this in my own life. It was one of those surreal moments where you are so happy you want to cry, but too proud to do it. After the service we had waffle bowl ice cream sundaes at our house. It was so fun having everybody over eating ice cream. The boys loved it! We had six different kinds of ice cream, hot fudge, caramel, sprinkles, whip cream, magic shell, and even cherries. If you didn't want a full sundaes we had ice cream cones too. After everybody had their fill we headed down to Pirate Island Pizza to celebrate Trev's big day. It was fun and uncrowded....the way we like it :) The we headed home to play outside and go shopping for the next day.


Sunday morning was a beautiful morning, and a busy morning as well. We got our beautiful little girl dressed in a beautiful white dress to get blessed in the church. She was also wearing a little sweater her great grandpa made before he passed with matching booties...so adorable! Her dad gave her a wonderful blessing and she was such a great baby during it. We had many people join us for the meeting, and I really appreciated all the support, especially from all our non-member friends as well. Then we headed to our house for a barbecue. It was such a great turn out with so many family and friends. Unfortunately our air conditioner decided this was not a day to work, ugh! My sisters did an awesome job taking pictures of everybody with Kairi. As warm as our house felt, it really was just an awesome day!


Trevor holding Kairi after he was baptized, she is wearing my blessing dress.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if it's just my blog that your posts show up way late, or on everyone elses, too, but this post didn't show up until today! Weird! Anyway, I am really glad that the weekend was so special for your family. Trev looks so grown up and handsome, and Kairi of course looks adorable. How fun that she used your dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed the post today....your kids are so cute. Hooray for important and special events in our lives and with our families! I am always blown away by Kairi's hair. It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. Trevor looks so handsome and Kairi is so beautiful. I'm glad it went so well.

    ReplyDelete