Monday, June 21, 2010

Mega Blog!!!

So, I am way behind on my blog....here is my mega blog to catch it up.

Anniversary!

June 7, 2010 Spencer and I celebrated our ninth wedding anniversary. In the nine years we have been married we have had five kids, which means I have been pregnant for half our marriage, and pretty much the other half we have had a newborn/infant. I can't believe we have been married for nine years, and almost together for ten. I wonder where the time has gone. I find it more amazing that people can get divorced after years of being with the same person, because I couldn't be more in love with my husband now than the day we got married. Spencer is the greatest person I could have ever imagined myself with, and I think our kids are just so lucky to have him as a dad. I look forward to the many more years of life with my wonderful husband, and our five beautiful kids :)


Vasectomy Time!

Friday June 11, 2010 Spencer went in for his vasectomy. It has been a week, and he is back to pretty much being normal. He was in quite a bit of pain for the first couple days, but still went into work Monday for a 12 hour shift. This was a pretty fast decision for both of us, but we both knew we were done having kids. It was a bitter sweet moment that morning waiting for him in the waiting room though. I know we are done having kids, but the idea of never being able to make that decision again was a little odd. Ever since we have been married it was always when are we going to have the next baby, or oops I am pregnant. I had so much love for him when he walked out though, because I knew he had done this for us. I could have had my tubes done while I was having Kairi, but I have heard horrible things about having this done from many women, and I made the choice not to have it done. This meant Spencer needed to have a vasectomy, or we would always worry about getting pregnant. I really appreciate my husband and his willingness to just go get this done without any kind of disagreement, Thanks Babe!


Two Months!!

Kairi turned two months on June 14, 2010. I can't believe it has already been two months. I love this little girl so much though. People always told me that there wasn't a difference between the boys and girls until they were older, but I couldn't disagree more. I am not sure if it is because I have only done boy for eight years, but to me it has been very different. Changing the diaper is obviously different, but with a girl you have the hair bows, flowers, tights, bracelets, necklaces, shoes, outfits, and earrings. My little baby is so sweet too. Even when she is crying I find her so cute. At her two month appointment she was 12 lbs and 3 ounces, and 22 1/2 inches long. When she got her shots she cried so hard, and I pretty much joined her. I think I look at her different though, because she is the last one. She will be the last baby that I get to do all the infant things with. I don't mind getting up and feeding her, because she will be the last one I get to have this moment with. I love her so much, and I couldn't be more grateful that we chose to have her.


Father's Day!

Father's day is a really hard day for my family. My mom has a really hard week leading up to it, and I think the rest of us do, but we don't show it as open. I miss my dad, and so wish I could still tell him in person what a great dad I think he was. On the other hand, I have such a great dad for my kids, it kind of balances out. Spencer is a really great husband, and a super dad. Spencer's dad and family joined us at our house for pulled pork sandwiches, salad, and ice cream cones. His dad also brought along a friend he taught on his mission from Belgium. I love my husband and the awesome dad he is, and his dad for the awesome grandpa he is as well. I am writing this late, but Kairi just initiated him fully as her father. She pooped all over him! It was a getting to be bed time and time for a diaper change. She is at the point where she doesn't poop as often as the newborn, so it had been a few days. Well, those few days ended up all over Spencer....I laughed so hard, Dilan's eyes got huge with disgust, and the other boys just laughed with me. What a fun night from a mess!

3 comments:

  1. Cute post! Did Kairi poop all over Spence on Father's Day even? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are just so cute. I love how they all look alike, but have their own look. I just love Kairi's hair, such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the catch up :) The photos are absolutely adorable. I especially like the one of Kairi with wet hair...cute little expression.

    ReplyDelete