Friday, February 5, 2010

BEATLES ROCKBAND!



Last year the boys got Rock band from one of their aunts for Christmas. They have always had fun playing it, but they all just wanted to play the drums. Recently Spencer decided to buy the Beatles Rockband game for me as a surprise. I thought he was the best, but didn't really see the boys still wanting to do more than fight over who got to play the drums....boy was I wrong! We showed them Yellow Submarine first, and of course it was an instant hit. Now they are familiar with more of the Beatles songs, and they take turns singing too. Trevor is getting pretty good at the guitar as well, so we can have all of them doing something if Trev plays the guitar. Generally, Spencer and I play Bass and Guitar and they do the drums and singing. It is awesome to hear your little ones singing Beatles songs. One day at Target, Bryson started singing Lucy in the sky, and the lady in front of us turned around to see who was singing. I think she was shocked finding it was a three year old, who by then had switched to singing Yellow submarine. She told us it was awesome that he knew the Beatles. This is truly one of our favorite things to do as a family now, plus it is a good introduction of true music for the boys to learn to love, just like their parents. Tyler can't obviously do any of them, but he always has to have his own guitar while we play...it is so cute!

3 comments:

  1. That's so damn cute! What a fun family activity. Plus, you know how much I adore the Beatles, so this makes me happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable! I love that they love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I think I would like to see you guys perform!

    ReplyDelete