Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dinosaurs!!



Today the middles preschool had a field trip to the Thanksgiving Point dinosaur museum. I haven't been to the museum for about ten years. I remembered it being kind of dumb, and I really wasn't looking forward to going. WOW! The museum sure had changed since I was last there. Being with the preschool we didn't have a lot of time to look at everything. My kids were interested in some of the displays, but others they hardly even glanced at. Lucky for me there were some older girls on the field trip that were off track, and when they are off track they usually help out at the preschool. My boys were excited to see them, and they held my boys hands most of the way through the museum. It was nice to just walk through and show Tyler everything. We eventually got to this sand water play area. They have dinosaurs and plastic trees in there to play with. The boys loved this area the most. The preschool was only in this area for maybe ten minutes, so we kind of ditched them at this point...ha ha. I let the boys play here till they were ready to move on, which was about a half hour after the preschool had moved on.

We headed back into more of a museum area and the boys kind of just walked through, because they had heard that there was a place you could dig for bones farther ahead. We finally found the place you dig for the bones, and they loved this area too. We played here for about 20 minutes. They only really wanted to leave, because it was now 12:30, and they were getting hungry. It ended up being a pretty good field trip. I am really glad I ditched the preschool, because they had so much fun playing longer, and I feel like I got more out of our money...he he

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I've heard that place was fun, but we've never been there. Why did you go today? Isn't preschool usually Tuesday/Thursdays?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might as well get your money out of it! It looks like fun. We need to check it out sometime.

    ReplyDelete