Friday, November 20, 2009

Blue or Pink?



Who would think blue and pink could be so controversial? I found this little pink and blue box on the internet. It claims it can predict the sex of your baby as early as ten weeks. I thought that was so awesome, and how much fun would it be to get maybe a little glimpse as to what was actually going on with my baby. You can buy this test at Walgreens for five dollars cheaper than you can on the Intelligender.com site. The controversy behind the test is that some people may want a boy, and when they get a girl result, decide to terminate the pregnancy based completely on the gender. Now the company claims it is 90% accurate, but studies have found it closer to 80%. They will not sell this product in China and other oversea countries that long for one sex over another for this very reason. I thought this was actually really sad. I have wanted a girl, because who doesn't want at least one of each, but I would never think about killing my beautiful baby boy to get one. I on the other end took this test, because it sounded like a fun thing to do in all the misery of the first months of pregnancy. I was amazed when our first answer was girl. I thought well maybe it isn't that accurate. I ended up actually taking two of these test...ha ha. I took one at 10 weeks and another at 16 weeks. They both said girl, but I was still absolutely shocked when the ultrasound tech told us for sure we were having a GIRL!!!

3 comments:

  1. go pink! I'm intrigued by this test. I'll have to try it next time. And yes, very sad about aborting a baby because of it's sex.
    Anyway, we are so psyched for you to have a girl. It was time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wondered about those tests too! I am glad you were adventurous and gave them a test run! Congrats on the baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason, I didn't see this post until today. :) I'm glad you took these tests. When you first told me it said it was a girl, I was really hopeful and now I'm so excited you are finally having a girl!!

    ReplyDelete