Thursday, April 16, 2009

Crazy Weekend of Trevor's 7th birthday and Easter!


This weekend was just crazy for us. It was a really fun weekend, but very busy. Saturday we went to the morning egg hunt at the park by us, and we even got to see the Easter bunny. Bryson grabbed one egg and took off. He was so happy to have gotten one egg. It is crazy how the parents get at these events. I think they totally loose all control! Then Sunday we woke the boys up to find their first egg clue. We do a scavenger hunt for them to find their baskets. This year I got clip art off the computer for their clues. They have to look in bathtubs, dishwasher, stove, microwaves, in trees, the mailbox etc. It is a lot of fun for them, and they do it over and over. They were happy with what they got. Then we made barbecue pulled pork sandwiches in the crock pot for the family party later. I also made the bunny cake. Trev asked me to make him a bunny cake for his birthday, and luckily I knew how. My mom had made these for us as a kid, so Thanks mom! At my mom's we had both families over for a big dinner, easter egg hunt provided by Nana, cake and Ice cream, and a lot of fun. Trev said it was the best Birthday Easter ever. The next morning Spencer got them up to go to the bathroom before he went to work. He tucked them back in and closed the door. He turned to go up the stairs and heard somebody behind him. There stood Trev, and he gave Spencer a huge hug and said thanks again dad for the best Birthday Easter! I guess we did good this year. I hope the slide show works. I have never done this, but needed a good way to add lots of photos. (thanks ang)

2 comments:

  1. The slide didn't work. Did you embed it from slide.com or just try to add the link to your post? Hmmm...we'll have to figure this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! I somehow didn't see this blog before. The slideshow is so cute and I think that Easter Bunny looks like the one I dressed up at when I worked at Hallmark - haha.

    ReplyDelete