Monday, June 20, 2011

TEN!!!


June 7, 2001 Spencer and I were married in the SLC temple. It is amazing to look back. I never understood when older people would say they blinked and life passed by, but honestly these last tens years seem to have just disappeared. I look at my five kids and wonder how in the world they are all mine? I still remember my wedding day very clearly though, and I will never forget the happiness and love that day I felt for my wonderful husband. I knew Spencer was a great guy, but really I never knew he would ever exceed my expectations so much! We have endured a lot as a married couple. I can't even imagine having to go through most of that alone. Spencer is my rock, or my soft spot to cry. When something is wrong, he just holds me for however long it takes me to get back my composure. I don't cry often, but seems like lately I have had more than my fair share of crying to be had. I remember thinking, man when we get to our ten year, we are going to do something awesome! Little did I know that we would have five beautiful kids all 9 and under :) I have been pregnant for basically half our marriage, and yet we are still married. HA! Our tenth anniversary was a normal day, but we did go on a date to the cheesecake factory, and came home to enjoy a night full of LOST episodes while eating our dessert. It was perfect, because we were together doing what we enjoy most, spending time as a happily married couple. Here's to 60 more if genetics will allow :) and since that doesn't look promising, eternity will do!

1 comment:

  1. Awww! How sweet! I still remember your wedding day too. By the way, you both look incredibly tan in that picture.

    ReplyDelete