Wednesday, March 10, 2010

five, five, five!

Lately it seems like a lot in my life has to do with the number five.

5 years-

It has been five years since we decided to keep me home with our kids. I can't believe is has already been five years. Looking back, I can still remember deciding that this was the best for our family. It was going to be a really big stretch financially, and most of the time we weren't even sure we could pull it, but here we are five years later and still making it. I could have made close to $150,000 had I still been working. WOW! That could have paid for a lot of things we could have used and really wanted in the last five years. We could have had a bigger house, a better vehicle a long time ago, and all sorts of fun trips. Would I trade it for the money? No way! Being a stay at home mom is not what I thought it was going to be like. It is a lot harder, and really mentally demanding. Going to work was hard too, but it really is just different mentally. Work was hard, but I got a nice breaks, I could pee without interruption, I had adult conversation, I missed out on a lot of dirty diapers, and my house was a lot cleaner(go figure). I love being at home with my boys, and I am so happy I truly get to enjoy even the un-enjoyable moments of their childhood. They will only be little once, and I will only get to cuddle and hold them for so long. I will rejoin the work force at some point though....feeding four teenage boys is going to cost a lot! ha ha

5 weeks-

I now have five more weeks till I am scheduled to bring this baby girl into this world. Some days it feels like forever still, and other times I feel like I have so much to do, and I might not get it done in time. My placenta previa has cleared and as feared by my doctor, it is not attached to my c-section scar. We are going to be having a very big baby. A week ago she was approx. 6lbs 9oz. I think I am very lucky to live in this time period with the technology we have to be able to get this big hairy baby girl out. I can't wait to meet her!

5 others-

I had to take five tums last night, I get up five times for either kids or my bladder almost every night, I have at least five contractions a day, I have lost five pounds since they put me on my diabetic diet, and in five weeks I will be the mom of five beautiful kids! Here is a recent ultrasound of our Kairi. Little blurry, but she is looking at you with chubby cheeks....oh so cute!

3 comments:

  1. 5 is a nice, round number :) This is a cute ultrasound pic - I love it and can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Only five more weeks, that is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some odd reason, I just came upon this post. I'm not sure how I missed it! Cute picture. Is the blurry stuff her hair or am I just looking at it all wrong?

    ReplyDelete