Thursday, August 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Bryson!!!




Yesterday was Bryson's third birthday. I feel so accomplished getting him to three. Since this is my first birthday blog for him, I am going to go over some early things about him. Bryson was born 8:28 am on a Saturday morning. He was 8 lbs 15 oz, and three weeks early. He was a big baby! He had a few lung issues at first but very quickly recovered. He was a great baby till about day five. Then he started this sleep for an hour, eat for 20 minutes, and then scream for the next hour. I spent many nights crying with him because I was so tired and felt so hopeless for not being able to console him. Our pediatrician said some babies just come this way, and eventually grow out of it. He finally started to sleep about three hours, but was still in the bassinet. He was now 16 pounds, so we needed to change him to a crib. He went back to every hour of waking. The pediatrician suggested to put the bassinet on the floor and leave him in that if he was at least sleeping three. Good suggestion, but that didn't work. We tried the cry it out method and first night he screamed for three hours, slept for ten minutes and another three hours, ten, three...etc. Second night same thing, third, fourth fifth! Finally, I just needed sleep and put him in our bed. He was now close to nine months, but he slept a whole four hours before screaming, and then went back to sleep for another four. This continued till he was 18 months! By this time I was pregnant again, and he finally started sleeping ten. There is nothing like sleeping eight hours and being pregnant. Bryson is an extremely strong willed child. He started talking really early and that helped out a ton. Over the next year a lot has changed in him. He is now a very pleasant little boy who still gets very frustrated with people, but has learned to control it a ton, and is way advanced for his age. At two and a half he could say all his letter by sight, their sounds, colors, shapes, and could talk like a five year old. He is a joy to have, and I am so glad I had this sweet little boy.


I always make my boys a train cake for their third birthday. He requested his look like Thomas, so I did my best, because I wouldn't ever want my kids to not have the best birthday. We had a lot of fun with family that came to celebrate and here are some pics of his special day. Thanks everybody!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Bryson! Wow!!! That is some cake, Holli! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is awesome! I wish I could make cakes that look like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was such a hard baby, but has turned out to be such a cute, inquisitive, smart kiddo! I love him! Your cake is so cute. I love that you did each train car different. I bet the kids loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on the cake. It looks like he had a fun birthday. You are a saint for making it through all of that! Not sleeping is the worst.

    ReplyDelete