Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My day in the ER!

So, I woke up yesterday not feeling well. I thought it was just gas pains or something, so I drank some water and tried eating a yogurt. Then I started to get really nauseous and really not feeling well. I started puking and the pain was getting worse and worse. Finally at noon I decided I needed to call Spencer. I was doubled over in pain and I couldn't get comfortable no matter what position I was in. I had talked to my sister Tobi earlier that day. She told me she would go get my mom and come take care of the boys while I went to the doctor. I knew this wasn't something little, and I rarely go to the doctor myself. So, Spencer and I decided to just go straight the Emergency Room. When the nurse checked me in, I was in a lot of pain and my blood pressure was 138/98. This is way high for me, and finally after sitting in the waiting room for almost two hours I got in to a bed. They started my IV, took blood samples, and urine. They made me pee in the smallest cup ever. I couldn't believe I actually got some in it. Then they finally gave me some pain medicine. This stuff was like morphine and made me feel like I had hit a brick wall. Then they wheeled me into the ultrasound room. Within like ten minutes they had the results and they were GALLSTONES! So, I have an appointment next week with a surgeon, and from there I will have surgery to get my Gallbladder removed....UGH! When I left the medicine made me sick and I puked green stuff up. It was hella nasty and my blood pressure was back to 105/77.

2 comments:

  1. That is sooooooo crappy! I am sorry you have had to go through all of that! Again, let me know if I can help in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry....I have never thrown up from my gall stones, but I totally get the not able to get comfortable, and the pain just being there no matter what position you are in....grrr! It sucks! Good luck, and keep me up to date!

    ReplyDelete