Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First days of school!!!

This year was kind of a crazy start. Trevor started fourth grade on Monday August 15th. He got an awesome teacher named Mrs. Mower. I can honestly say she is awesome, because I know her personally. She is in our ward, and we picked our track purely on the wish of getting her. Trevor was really excited this year for school, and so far he is doing really awesome too.

Dilan went to meet his new teacher Mrs. Rubalcava on Monday, but didn't actually start First grade till Tuesday. He was really excited, more to eat lunch at school, but he is a great student and is super excited to have his buddy Parker in his class.

They were so excited! and so cute together :)

Bryson was sad he didn't get to go yet, but put a smile on for the camera anyways.

I got all three boys in for the next picture...nobody wanted Bryson to be sad.

Bryson went in Wednesday August 17th for his testing, and did really well. I have had so many people tell me to hold him back, because of his birthday being in August. I didn't feel like this was right for him as his mom. After his testing in which he read a book, his teacher Mrs. Woods was super impressed. I told her I was a tad worried, and she agreed that holding him back wasn't necessary. His first day was on August 23rd, and he was so excited to ride the bus!


Tyler started preschool today September 14, 2011. He has been so excited to start school, but today when I went to wake him up, he told me he decided to not go. I laughed and asked why, he said it was because he had an cut on his finger, so I told him we could put a Mickey bandage on, and he was all smiles and ready after that. I thought there might be a little hesitation when I dropped him off, but he didn't hesitate at all and went right in with the teacher, I was so proud of him! When I picked him up he was really happy, and said he had so much fun. He played in the sand box, made his hand, and sang and elephant song. Sounds like a successful day :)

and we got a group shot of the smallest three while we were at it.

I know preschool isn't necessary for every kid. I like to read and teach my kids at home too, but I think there is something else they get from going to school and away from mom and their homes. I LOVE PRESCHOOL!!! Here's to hoping for a great school year!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for everyone being back in school! I love Kairi's smile in that last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great that your kids are all so enthusiastic about school. And Bryson is such a sharp little guy, I will be won't surprised if he is at the top of his class. And I second Angie, Kairi looks so happy with her brothers. They are some cute kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, they are all so big! I agree, it's great that they all like school so much :) I hope the whole school year is good to all of them!

    ReplyDelete