Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas 2010

This Christmas was a little hectic. After coming home from vacation I had to really rush to finish getting presents, and then money was super tight, because we just had vacation. Spencer ended up only working three days the week of Christmas. I was a late shopper this year, which I hate, but at least I got everything done. Christmas eve we let the boys open their two gifts from us, because it is a Danish tradition. They all got pajamas, and a toy.
Tyler loved his of course, they were Mickey Mouse.

Bryson loved his dinosaur ones too.


Christmas eve night we headed up to my moms house to be with the family. I love my family!
Tyler wanted a picture by the tree, and Kairi obviously wouldn't leave it alone.

I love my boys, and they were proud of my moms tree too, because they decorated hers also.

We had a great dinner, and I love when my kids can go and sit with aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends. They love to be with family. After dinner we cleaned up, so we could pull out the Christmas tree and "dance" around it. This is a Danish tradition that I used to really hate, but after loosing my dad, have really come to love. My kids are such good sports about it, and seem to enjoy it more than I did as a kid.
After dancing we got to the presents....my kids are always so spoiled. It isn't about the presents for me, I just can't believe my kids are so lucky to have so many people love them.
Bryson showing off one of his gifts

Ty was great and took a break for me to get a picture

Trev and Dilan were sitting by each other, and ended up buried!

Kairi wasn't too sure what was really going on, but she liked sucking on the paper, and playing with the boxes.

Then it was time for Santa to come. Bryson has been wandering up to our room, so we decided to just start him there. He coughed all night! After finally making it to bed, we were up most of the night till about 4 am. Lucky for Spencer and I, the kids slept till after 8 when my mom woke us up. She was going to have to leave soon, so we jumped out of bed and got the kids up. Kids sleeping till after 8 Christmas morning, my kids are awesome!
Tyler first found his treats.

Tyler also loved his guitar.

Bryson's face is priceless in this picture. He was holding his kung zhu pet or his "rat."

His favorite present had to be his "froggy boots" but his camera came in a close second :)

Kairi was really out of it, because it was morning and a lot was going on. I say her favorite gift was her new car seat though.

Trev's favorite gifts were his air soft gun, Diary of a wimpy kid series, and rollerblades.

Dilan loved his Batman cave, Heely's and Tag system.

My mom always has her own pile from Santa, this year it was a gift from her sister though.

Then we headed out to Spencer's moms house. Most of the kids got pillow pets. Trev the penguin, Dilan the monkey, Tyler the dog, and Kairi the ladybug. Bryson already has a pillow pet, so he got a stuffed frog.
Kairi with her dad, and it is blurry because Spencer wouldn't hold it still.

Tyler loved his doggy.

After we left his moms house, we headed to our house for an afternoon break. I really wanted Kairi to get a good nap in. Then we meet his dad and siblings down at Temple Square for some lights!

I loved all the red lights

The temple in all its glory was as beautiful as always.

I just love the Salt Lake temple. It was awesome to be there on Christmas night and remember the reason for Christmas was the birth of my savior. It was a fun family night, and I hope we do this every year, and in the end we had a great Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. I'm jealous... I need to come see Temple Square again... It's been ages!
    Your mom looks awesome.. give her a hug for me :)
    And what is it about those Zhu Zhu pets LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun Christmas. I love all the pictures. Your kids are so cute. That is a good idea to go to the temple on Christmas night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny, you were right about our Christmas' being similar. Sounds like you had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete